Saturday, April 21, 2012

Florida Film Festival movie though - Dog Years

Since it has been hard for me to chronologically get reviews up from a day to day basis while I was at the Florida Film Festival I am going to just start posting my blurb thoughts about each films.


Dog Years is a film about two brothers in Tokyo; one teaching conversational English to young Japanese people and the other working on a short-term project. While in the oldest, Elliott, seems to be trying to distance himself from everything around him and in his life, Ben is embracing what ever comes his way. Can these two be able to bond in this country far away from their own?
The film was a labor of love for co-directors, co-writers, as well as stars Warren Sroka and Brent Willis. The film was very fun, funny and show cased a lot of Tokyo for those that did not have any first hand experience. Also the ease of the two having worked together for so long came across on that screen as they played brothers. I recorded part of the Q&A with the filmmakers after the screening and posted it on youtube. If you would like to find out more about the progression of the film and were it may be accepted next check out their facebook page http://www.facebook.com/DogYears. The Florida Film Festival was their world premier but I see more festivals in the film’s future.

Below I have attached what I recorded from their Question and Answer sessions post screening.



No comments:

Post a Comment